[IAEP] [sugar] Sugar Camp Cambridge 17-21 Nov

Brendan R. Powers brendan at resara.com
Tue Nov 11 14:20:24 EST 2008

I would like to propose a discussion on making the collaboration a bit more standards compliant. The idea would be to get sugar to function more like a standard jabber IM client, as well as using existing standards in place of some of the custom solutions used now (xmlrpc instead of dbus perhaps?). I would also like to talk about using the colaboration API to talk to external services not on the jabber network(a moodle server for instance). As well as a possibly a few API changes to make these sorts of services easier to access for activity developers.

Having a standards base and flexible collaboration framework that extends beyond the sugar ecosystem offers some very interesting possibilities. I would also like to discuss some of the jabber scalability problems, as well as how we manage grouping students into classes, and collaborating with other schools over the internet.

If people thinks this is a good idea for discussion I will add it to the wiki.

Thanks!

Brendan Powers
Resara LLC

1.888.357.9195