[IAEP] [sugar] Sugar on Ubuntu - Summary

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:46:56 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 15:39, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just been corrected on this by a ubuntu dev, who states for it to
> get into universe, it must have source code available. That means that
> for now, squeak must stay in Multiverse.... the only option seems to
> seperate squeak from sugar, if sugar is to get into main or universe.

Sugar is modular enough to function without squeak, or benefit from it
if it is installed. Obviously we would like the entire set of Fructose
activities to be easily installed, but I see no problem with having
some components in main, some in universe and some in multiverse. The
major impact is that only components in main get shipped on official
*buntu CDs.

Regards
Morgan