[IAEP] Sugar Chat Google Desktop ap?

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 15:43:07 EST 2008

Hi,

Would anyone out there be interested in helping to develop a Google Desktop
ap for the purpose of promoting Sugar OS, which would simply present a
simulation of the Sugar UI, and allow people to move around and chat?

http://www.sugarlabs.org/go/Image:SugarChat.png

Alternatively, anyone know any Gd app developers? It is possible that I
could pay for it out of pocket when I am working again, and either way, it
is possible to generate a small amt of revenue for Sugar Labs and/or the
developer, through traffic.

I thought it would be nice to base it on Jabber/XMPP, and have translation
bots present so people in different languages could talk. I have a friend
who has developed a Jabber/XMPP bridge that connects to Google's machine
translation API - it is based on the same principle at Google's Translation
bots, (which currently can only be invited in the inline chat within gmail),
where you invite the bot to group chat and it offers an interpretation.

-Todd