[IAEP] November conference (meeting notes)

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Nov 4 15:24:10 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we met to discuss schedule and scope of the meeting today. Tomeu,
> Marco, Scott, Mel, Michael, Samuel was present.
>
> == Schedule ==
>
> We came up with two possible schedules, we haven't made a call about
> which one to go for yet.
>
> 1)
>
> Monday 17 - Hackfest. Mel: might be a good time to do a "so, coders in
> Boston, you've wanted to learn how to help out with our code base,
> right?" intro night.
>
> Tuesday 18
> Wednesday 19 - Technical talks.
>
> Thursday 20 - Technical planning. Scott: I want to leave saying
> something like: "9.1 is going to have a new journal (implemented by
> cscott), improved security (implemented by mstone).  Secondary
> objectives, if we have time or find additional help, will be better
> networking (cscott), better tools (mstone)".
>
> Friday 21
> Saturday 22 - Sugar Labs planning. Build community, partnership, strategy.
>
> 2)
>
> Monday 17 - Hackfest
> Tuesday 18 - Sugar Labs planning
> Wednesday 19 - Technical talks
> Thursday 20 - Technical talks
> Friday 21 - Technical planning
> Saturday 22 - Sugar Labs planning.
>
> The problem with 1) is the 18 is likely going to be a busy day for
> OLPC employees. On the other hand, Walter is not in town Tuesday.
> Walter, David, since you was not in the meeting, how do you feel about
> it?

If possible, 1 sounds like a more logical flow.
Hackfest - Meet and find our common goal of developing good software.
Talks - Establish a common picture of the state of Sugar.
Tech Planning  - Collaboratively establish where we want to take Sugar.
SL Planning - Establish where we want to take sugar

david