[IAEP] November conference (meeting notes)

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:09:22 EST 2008

Hello,

we met to discuss schedule and scope of the meeting today. Tomeu,
Marco, Scott, Mel, Michael, Samuel was present.

== Schedule ==

We came up with two possible schedules, we haven't made a call about
which one to go for yet.

1)

Monday 17 - Hackfest. Mel: might be a good time to do a "so, coders in
Boston, you've wanted to learn how to help out with our code base,
right?" intro night.

Tuesday 18
Wednesday 19 - Technical talks.

Thursday 20 - Technical planning. Scott: I want to leave saying
something like: "9.1 is going to have a new journal (implemented by
cscott), improved security (implemented by mstone).  Secondary
objectives, if we have time or find additional help, will be better
networking (cscott), better tools (mstone)".

Friday 21
Saturday 22 - Sugar Labs planning. Build community, partnership, strategy.

2)

Monday 17 - Hackfest
Tuesday 18 - Sugar Labs planning
Wednesday 19 - Technical talks
Thursday 20 - Technical talks
Friday 21 - Technical planning
Saturday 22 - Sugar Labs planning.

The problem with 1) is the 18 is likely going to be a busy day for
OLPC employees. On the other hand, Walter is not in town Tuesday.
Walter, David, since you was not in the meeting, how do you feel about
it?

== Actions ==

* Turn the list of call in the wiki in a proper schedule for the two
days of technical talks. (Scott)
* Contact donors to see if they are willing to move their funding
offers to the Sugar conference. (Scott)
* Coordinate Walter to figure out which rooms we are using for the
talks. (Samuel)
* Contact people that offered housing to see if the offer is valid for
the Sugar conference. (Marco)

Please keep everyone informed on your progress.

Thanks,
Marco