[IAEP] todo list

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:55:43 EST 2008

Hi David.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:36 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero <
> dirakx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi David et all.
>>
>> Nice to do list.
>>
>> For now im helping with this part
>>
>> Local Support Organizations
>> We have a number of organizations who are interested in becoming
>> associated with Sugar Labs as Local support organizations:
>> Columbia
>> Peru
>> Pakistan
>> Talk to SFC about what limits membership in the SFC imposes on SL's
>> ability to create local support organizations. In particular, is it possible
>> for a LSO to do work-for-hire as 'Sugar Labs - Location'
>>  Start discussion on IAEP about establishing LSOs.
>>
>>  If approved by SFC, start discussion about doing work-for-hire at SL.
>>
>> Pro- Good source of self sustaining revenue.
>> Con-Would SL directly engaging in work-for-hire cause a conflict of
>> interest with our members and partners.
>>
>> The discussion is in here..
>>
>> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Regional_Sugar_Labs
>>

> Rafael,
> Thanks for getting this started.  I will start drafting a general RSL
> outline based on Ubuntus loco teams and OLPC regional teams.  That part
> should be pretty straight forward.
>
> As for the work-for-hire part I think that will be a two step process.
> 1.Deciding if Sugar Labs wants to have a policy of doing work-for-hire. and
> 2.  Learning how to authorize individuals to enter contracts for
> work-for-hire on behalf of Sugar Labs.
>
> Creating the outline should not take too long. The work for hire part might
> take longer.  What is the time frame for organizations offering to pay you
> to install and support?

For now,  all this efforts are managed voluntarily, one organization is
paying us as Individuals for some support tasks.
So this can wait, for other inquires or requirements from other pilots,
funded or managed by other organizations or institutions,  (these are
expected in the next months).

--
Rafael Ortiz