[IAEP] http://www.nln.ac.uk/ - national learning network

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 05:35:24 EST 2008

Yeah, my thoughts are as many content providers as possible. Though
the content on NLN seems a little closed, it may be that for
Education, its open. The main thing is that content is common to all
schools in the UK, and is free for them. They say on their site they
are doing pilot studies with international locations. This to me
sounds like it is open, but they would like to know who is doing what
with their content. In any case, I've not found any other source of
learning materials as specific for the British K12 curriculum as that.
Its also important to note they give specific instructions on how to
integrate that content into Moodle

I agree with the fact that learning objects of this type (slightly
passive) are not as good as hands on experience with etoys activities
and the like, but its instant content... its gonna take time to have a
full repo of activties that complement this visual learning approach.

David Van Assche