[IAEP] kind words from Encore Mobilis creator

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat May 31 21:51:56 CEST 2008

 On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Shikhar <shikhar at schmizz.net> wrote:

>Sugar for the battlefield? I don't see the point of that

Shirkar,

My apologies for leaving my words open for misinterpretation.  Allow me to
be clearer.

I was suggesting quite the opposite, something along the lines of beating
swords into plowshares.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swords_to_ploughshares

In the U.S. one will occasionally see this bumper sticker on the back of a
car.

"Some day the schools will get all the funding they need and the Air Force
will have to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
To avoid further misunderstanding, obviously the Sathi is not designed as an
ideal learning machine, and I am not seriously proposing that Sugar should
be ported to it, but wouldn't it be nice if it were possible to live in a
world where fewer war machines were being designed and that money was spent
on more humane priorities?

Regards

cjl