[IAEP] Funding

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed May 28 11:14:44 CEST 2008

> Should we choose to support just a single distribution, we are going
> to run into distribution wars both on the community and on the
> deployment side, so we really need to be at a cross-distribution
> level, which is where we are heading, but this is a lot to ask of an
> all volunteer community.

This does not seem to have inhibited other software from becoming
ubiquitous among Linux distributions.....  Its a matter of growing the
community...

Many of the other activities certainly need nurturing.  Healthy free
software ecosystems include (paid and unpaid) consultants, etc...
                          - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child