[IAEP] community organization

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:29:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:29 AM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was looking over the wiki this afternoon.

>> 3.  As part of the community building process, what teams would be
>> useful?  From my experience, adding stuff to a wiki is easy--it is
>> figuring out when the new information should go the is hard.
>>
>> Ideas are:
>>
>> Accessibility team
>> BugSquad--in progress
>> Build team
>> Documentation team
>
> Perhaps we need to separate technical and user documentation?

As a tech writer, I have never worked that way, in part because I have
usually had both novice and technical users, such as sysadmins and
application engineers. Please keep all of the documentation together.

>> Translation team
>> Web Develpment team
>> System Administration team
>> Marketing team
>> Deployment team
>> Artwork team
>
> I would probably call this one design team or UI design team (which is
> also how we refer to it internally).
>
>> TeamBuilder team
>> Others?

Funding team
Outreach team (development and deployment partnerships)
Community team (connecting and recruiting volunteers, students,
teachers, whole schools...)

> Release team. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam
> Glucose team. See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Taxonomy
> Content team.