[IAEP] Funding

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Wed May 28 02:04:29 CEST 2008

>> I could see US schools wanting to implement Sugar in a computer lab.
>> While right now this is something that we want anyone to be able to
>> do.  Many school districts I'm sure would just hire someone to do it.
>
> With various funding changes.. there is the need to be 'certified'. I
> would see this as a future revenue source for SugarLabs in that they
> could come up with a reliable testing mechanism for a certification in
> various aspects. However that would be well into the future of any
> project.

Re: Certified: We could partner with the non-profit Free Reading for
working through US Certification.  They have created a creative
commons series of early language literacy materials that have been
certified by various states already.  We might want to invite them
onboard and start some discussions.