[IAEP] Sugar for the rich

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue May 27 22:11:43 CEST 2008

Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> While jhbuild facilitates the work of the "enclave", does its
> inclusion in the mainline development path act to inhibit "outsiders"
> (who may be from the economically disadvantaged group originally
> supported by the OLPC project) from contributing ?

What do you mean with jhbuild inclusion in the mainline development?

jhbuild is just a development tool and one that doesn't work very well
for a large parts of Sugar developers. There are Sugar packages for
Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu, the OLPC images, Greg livecd. We are working
to increase the possibilities to try out Sugar, test and develop it. So
I don't really get what you are referring to...

Marco