[IAEP] Live USB image for XO emulation now available

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 27 15:54:23 CEST 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008, Korakurider wrote:

> Thanks for great stuff, Greg !
> My comments follow.
>
> + terminology check:
>  I was really confused what is difference between sugar-emulation and
> XO-emulation :-)

It's XO emulation.  But since XO emulation is the surest way of getting
the latest version of Sugar running, it's also Sugar emulation.  :)

> + There have been several efforts building live image on cd and usb.
>    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveCd is the central place to link them
> (for now).
>    your stuff could be linked from there.
>
>   And how would you differentiate your stuff from others?  Base
> framework to build live image is an apparent one.

1. Persistence.  This live image, if put on USB, should allow users to
store data over multiple sessions.  Theoretically, anyway; I've yet to
test it thoroughly.

2. Ease of creating new versions.  Ideally, this could be part of a build
system to create a new Live USB target with every new XO build.

--g