[IAEP] Project hosting

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue May 27 10:06:58 CEST 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 3:58 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> If we were still referencing in jhbuild git/svn versions of components
> like telepathy, abiword, xulrunner, etc, then I would see some value
> on that, but AFAIK we have there just tarballs that are rarely if ever
> broken.

I was mostly referring to building against distro-provided versions of
all of these dependencies, as that's where the problems normally
arise. (That was my experience, anyway; perhaps things have changed
since?)

> But if the build bot was able to start sugar, check that all the
> services are up and start a couple of base activities and see that
> none crashes, that would be very useful. I think that Chris has code
> for this in his tinderbox.

Good point -- I forgot to mention this. Yes, this is certainly
tremendously useful and we'd want to add it as the post-build step in
each VM.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org