[IAEP] Project hosting

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 27 03:09:15 CEST 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> We need something like that. So far I had been planning to do it by
> building directly from sources (jhbuild) but that would not cover
> system packages.

Isn't that better? We don't want to test the rest of the distro.

Actually, one thing we want to test is that our pristine code
builds cleanly on unmodified systems.

> Bernie, do we have a machine where we could setup something like this?

The master could run right on trinity, but for the slaves I'd
prefer to use a physically separate box to avoid putting a continuous
load on a production server.

If we don't get offered anything good, I could recover a piece of
unused junk at Develer and put it in the rack alongside the servers.
I think it's ok if this service runs on less reliable hardware as
it's not mission critical.

--
   \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
  _| X |  Sugar Lalbs Team - http://www.sugarlabs.org/