[IAEP] An example on statistical

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri May 23 16:47:42 CEST 2008

> Hi Yoshi,

  Hi, Gre,

> Sorry, I didn't realize that your eToys version of this was already
> available. I thought you were proposing a possible idea for a future
> educational application. That was the perspective of my comments and I
> didn't mean to say anything disparaging.

In the first email, I wrote:

------------
  Open Etoys, click on Gallery of Projects cloud.  At the bottom row
and third from left (about right under "particles" in "You can play
with thousands of particles:"), there is an example of ideal gas
simulation.
------------

and I tried to mean that it is right there.  Sorry if it wasn't
clear.

> I'll open eToys and take a look at it as soon as I have a chance, but it
> may take week or so. If you have a URL to it that may save me time. It
> looked familiar from when I scanned the eToys sites but I thought you
> were suggesting something new.

On Windows, install the Squeak VM from perhaps:

http://www.squeakland.org/plugin/installers/win-std.html

and download the image from:

http://etoys.laptop.org/src/etoys-image-and-pr.zip

and double clicking etoys.image in the zip file should work.

> FYI on my perspective, I like to think I can program but I rarely do. I
> hope I can figure out how to tweak variables in an eToys application but
> I'm impatient and very time constrained so don't count on me for
> improvements that will be robust enough for general use.

  Like I tried to write, it is click on a field visible on screen and
type number there and hit enter.

-- Yoshiki