[IAEP] Live USB

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 22 03:43:50 CEST 2008

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> OK, I've got a Live USB image, based on Fedora 9 + qemu/kqemu, that runs
> an XO image in emulation with a single click.  Plug in the USB key, boot,
> click the "run XO" icon, and you're off and running.  It's under 2gig.

The size is somewhat scary, but... good move!

> Now, where can I store it?  :)

We've just setup download.laptop.org with a big pipe to ease
file distribution.

Please, send me your ssh keys and I will create an account for you
on trinity.sugarlabs.org.

You can just drop your files somewhere in /pub/sugarlabs/ and they
will be mirrored to the download server with a hourly cron job.
If this double upload seems inconvenient for a 2GB file, we could
setup a custom mirror job from a server of your choice.

The directory structure also needs to be discussed on #sugar
next time we meet... For now, just improvise and then we'll
fix it!

When you're done, add a download link in the wiki.  I suggest
creating a Download page for the occasion.

--
   \___/
  _| X |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/