[IAEP] [Peripherals] Electricity (was Re: The rest of the puzzle)

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:46:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> The torch I have uses 3 LEDs (Tritronic type). The instructions and
> specification include:
> rechargeable battery (3.6 volts 80mAh), rotate 120 cycles per minute, output
> power 1w, one minute of winding gives up to 30 minutes of light.
> The torch that I have even has an external socket and cable intended to
> connect to a mobile phone to charge the phone battery up.

Have you seen the Bayliss EcoDigital player; I've got one, and that
inludes a torch, mobile (cell) phone charger, as well as the ability
to play videos/music a radio etc., etc., etc. Very cool!
http://www.ecodigital.co.uk/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=66

Not sure what power requirements it has;

--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator.