Culled the subject prefix

Kevin Cole kevin.cole at gallaudet.edu
Tue May 20 17:58:29 CEST 2008

When I first suggested an alteration to the subject prefix
(2008.05.07), I had no idea it would raise such a discussion. This,
being an education project, suggests that people are willing to learn
new ways to do things.  So, in that spirit, I may just find a way to
rename the subject on the fly as they come in, though I think learning
to filter or sort on headers other than the subject isn't beyond most
e-mail users skills (or beyond most email clients' capabilities).

However, for those who for whatever reason prefer not to filter on
anything other than the subject, [edu.project] might suffice.  Or, for
a spinoff of the more humorous on SNL's "It's Pat!" skits, you could
go with the even shorter [its.ed].