Culled the subject prefix

Joel Stanley joel.stanley at adelaide.edu.au
Tue May 20 04:10:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, here is comment from gmail newbie.
> On gmail, "from" of message delivered is author himself and
> list-id/sender aren't available to filter.  That makes auto labeling
> quite tricky without prefix.  So short prefix would be handy for us.
> But please educate me if you know easy workaround on gmail :-)

There is no workaround needed.

Create a filter in gmail using the "Has the words" field, and in this filed put:

list:"its.an.education.project.tema.lo-res.org"

Gmail can create this filter for you.  Select an email that comes from
the list in question, click the drop down arrow next to "Reply", then
the option "filter messages like this".

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78127

I would prefer no prefix on the list.

Cheers,