[Its.an.education.project] Energy alternatives (comes from ''Ivan's latest blog entry on OLPC'')

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:33:03 CEST 2008

This site may have useful data on solar potential with finer
granularity/resoultion.

http://www.gaisma.com/en/dir/pe-country.html

They claim to derive their data from here:  http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/

The term you need to search on is "insolation" (more-or-less a measure
of solar energy potential). The map linked in the earlier message is found
reused by many solar sites, but has limited utility given it's low rez.

cjl

the solar maps that have been indicated just show the "what should be"
situation according to the place that the countries have in the globe.

Peru has a different climate (we should be an almost equatorial country!
full of sun!) due to the Humboldt current and the presence of the 2nd
highest chain of mountains in the word: the Andes Mountain Chain.

Regards,

Javier Rodriguez
Lima, Peru