[Its.an.education.project] From Piaget

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:03:57 CEST 2008

hi tony,

not so much a "single cause" but trying to discuss the deeper philosophical
and developmental issues associated with the word - and sorry if I gave the
impression that I had clearly identified a single cause (I do have more to
say than that)

I would say there are many causes at a surface level - you list some of them
- but what is important is to try to dig deeper to underlying more
fundamental reasons (and the piaget article does do that)

what do teachers / educators really need? one possible answer is better
philosophy and understanding of epistemology - insofar as free software and
green machines can be vehicles of that then that will mean success in those
particular environments (more success than in environments that don't tackle
those questions)

if I've moved anywhere its trying to look at the deeper reasons for the
"failure" of constructionism

with regard to this list the description of constructionism as learning by
making and doing is inadequate IMO

with regard to this thread I would say read the Piaget article