[Its.an.education.project] Ivan's latest blog entry on OLPC

Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at
Thu May 15 13:45:56 CEST 2008

Hi PJ!

Pamela Jones <pj2 at groklaw.net> schrieb am 15.05.2008 19:22:40:

> To me,  it's a matter of human empathy and figuring out what is useful
> and what is not. I don't think that can ever be wrong.   I do the same
> with Groklaw. Some things just don't need to be said, because they are
> unkind. Or they can be expressed in a way that doesn't disrespect a
> fellow human totally.  Some things have to be said, no matter what, of
> course, but in truth, not many.  So what I am saying is that there is a
> time and a place and a way.  If Ivan's purpose was to make sure no one
> ever helps OLPC again, that is different. For sure he will have a
> considerable impact in turning volunteers away. Was that the goal?

Turning away the volunteers has already happened.

I think Ivan and others are only starting to publicly speak out the
frustration that has build up for over two years.

Sweeping every problem under the carpet out of respect or fear to damage
the goals of OLPC only leads to a situation like we have right now: A
cooking pot full of anger that's about to explode sooner or later.

Nicholas Negroponte currently lacks any respect at the groundbreaking work
the Sugar developers have done and seems to like to discourage each of
them personally.

So nobody should wonder when some of this anger is spoken out publicly and
some of the heat is turned back onto OLPC.

cu andreas