[Its.an.education.project] One2OneMate

Bernie Innocenti bernie at laptop.org
Wed May 14 16:09:03 CEST 2008

Walter Bender wrote:
> I got my hands on a One2OneMate last night. It is a pretty cool
> machine. The keyboard is full, their is a touch screen, built in
> wireless, some expansion slots, etc. It is light, runs quiet and cool.

Yes, yes... but the important uber-geek question is: have you
dalready voided the warranty?  How do its guts look like? :-)

> It comes with a nice suite of applications: Konqueror, a PDF viewer, a
> note pad, typing tutor, Tux paint, a calculator, etc. It uses a simple
> tab- and icon-based desktop. It is responsive. I am trying to install
> some apps off of their server--haven't figured out how to get to the
> console yet. Definite Sugar potential!!

Very cool!  Do you have a contact I could call to get a sample here
in Florence?  The people of OLPC Austria might also be interested in
testing it for their pilots.

Also, I'd like to get in touch with the developers to see if *they*
would be interested in doing the work of adapting Sugar to their own
system.

--
   \___/
  _| X |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/