[Its.an.education.project] Logo proposal

Simon Dorner office at simondorner.com
Tue May 13 12:14:02 CEST 2008

On 13.05.2008 at 11:51 Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> A long time ago, I remember someone saying publicly that we'd take a
> thumbnail of the owner on first login and use that as an avatar.
>
> Maybe the idea was put aside for lack of time, or maybe we were afraid
> of what the usual ultra-concerned parents would think.

It doesn't need to be a picture of the child, although it can be. I
think letting children draw a little picture could be much more
interesting and fun.

I remember that when I was beginning school and I wasn't able to write
my name yet, each child got to choose a symbol that would represent
them. My symbol was a train. The teacher handed out these stickers
with a train on them and I put them on everything that belonged to me
so I could identify it. I think that worked really well.

Simon.