[Its.an.education.project] Logo proposal

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 13 11:51:43 CEST 2008

Simon Dorner wrote:

> Hm, that reminds me of something that I wrote some time ago. Some of
> the questions and concerns have been addressed since then but the main
> experiment revolved around letting children draw or photograph their
> own avatar image as a replacement of the XO icon to make the
> neighborhood view more usable.
>
> This is the mockup: http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Image:Meshview_avatars.png
>
> This is the text: http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Improvements_of_Mesh-View
>
> I think that could also be extremely popular with children. Just a
> thought...

A long time ago, I remember someone saying publicly that we'd take a
thumbnail of the owner on first login and use that as an avatar.

Maybe the idea was put aside for lack of time, or maybe we were afraid
of what the usual ultra-concerned parents would think.

Eben, what do you think?

--
   \___/
  _| X |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/