[Its.an.education.project] Sugar on the EEE PC

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat May 10 18:50:20 CEST 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> The Windows-based EEE PC is going to be cheaper than the Linux-based
> in Australia:
>
> http://apcmag.com/windowsbased_eeepc_cheaper_than_linux_one.htm
>
> I'd say this shows how scared M$ is ...
>
> - Bert -

It isn't Microsoft that sets the price (as opposed to cost) of the EeePC
laptop...its Asus or is VARs. The same goes for how Dell prices its
machines with Ubuntu or Vista on them. This game is played by the entire
supply chain. Yes, Microsoft does have a very significant influence in
that industry,  but it would be naïve to credit them for all the
shenanigans.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.