[Its.an.education.project] Logo proposal

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri May 9 14:11:41 CEST 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 09.05.2008, at 10:51, Seth Woodworth wrote:
>
>> Does Sugar-labs really want to keep the OLPC XO symbol?
>>
>> Actually, come to think of it, it's more of a sugar logo than an OLPC
>> logo.
>
> Well, the XO icon and name is intrinsically linked to the OLPC hardware.
> OTOH it is a generic icon for kids. Unless someone has a *really* good
> idea I'd say go with the XO icon, for now anyways.

The XO icon works quite well I think so it would be nice to be able to
keep it. But it is true that it is quite bound to the OLPC hardware.
Some possible vendors might even refuse to use sugar because of that or
wanted to have their own logo inserted. Maybe if the gen2 does not brand
the xo-logo on the hardware the use of the xo logo would work better.

Not even sure if the logo is not trademarked anyway.

Best,
    Simon