[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri May 9 03:39:44 CEST 2008

On 9 May 2008, at 00:42, Samuel Klein wrote:

> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:55 AM, C. Scott Ananian
>
>> ps. SJ, there are no 'core activities' that we ship.  There is only
>> one security-privileged activity (Journal), which we currently ship
>> in the
>> core build because (a) Sugar breaks otherwise, and (b) Rainbow's
>> activity-signing stuff is incomplete.  I hope we can fix both of
>> these
>> in time, and stabilize the APIs enough that we can eventually
>> unbundle even
>> Journal.

Hmmmm, sorry, run that past me again. I thought the intention was that
the Journal was an integral part of the Sugar UI, and the plan was
that the Journal code was going to be integrated to the Sugar Shell
for (I think) security and performance – or did the world just turn
around yet again while I was looking the other way?

--Gary