[Its.an.education.project] Sugar runs on the EEE PC!

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri May 9 09:30:32 CEST 2008

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I am interested in *all* adjustments you end up making to your setup -
> as I expect others to be interested in doing the same, and would like to
> automate it, whether or not the adjustments are directly tied to the
> packaging of Sugar (I would want to make a DDD - see
> http://wiki.debian.org/DDD ).

Ideally, we'd want a custom installer (or a custom image) that
installs a working Sugar environment that starts automatically
at boot with no password asked.

This could be used to turn an EEE PC into a "Sugar laptop" in
no time.

> If you want more activities sooner, then try those packaged for Ubuntu
> by Jani Monoses.  More info at http://wiki.debian.org/Sugar

I wonder if Debian and Ubuntu packages could be merged at least
partially to save on maintainer effort.

Same goes for the Fedora packages that could be more or less be shared
among the rpm-based distros.

/me runs

--
   \___/