[Its.an.education.project] Sugar runs on the EEE PC!

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri May 9 01:25:04 CEST 2008

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Sounds like you've installed the Sugar packages prepared by me.
>
> Happy to hear that they are (somewhat) useful!

Thanks a lot!

I still have to figure out how to set DPI appropriately in xorg.conf...
Whatever I do the fonts look bad.  I don't think it's a problem in your
packages.

> The Debian packaging curently follows most recent released tarball at
> [1] and if none exist then fairly recent Git snapshot from [2].
>
>   [1] http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/sources/
>   [2] git://dev.laptop.org
>
> If those sources are considered "pre-alpha", then what sources are more
> proper?

Hmm... A good question for Marco.  You might have to check out a tag
from git.

> I wouldn't mind maintaining multiple "tracks" of packages - one
> as-stable-as-possible and another for bleeding edge.  But it would
> certainly help (both me and, I imagine, other future distributors) if
> you could help clarify what fits which category.

Yes.  Any chance you could package up a few more activities?  Browse and
Write would be crucial.

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/