[Its.an.education.project] wiki.sugarlabs.org is broken

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri May 9 01:01:33 CEST 2008

C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> I suggest liberal use of links between the two wikis, a rigid
> adherence to the "everything lives in exactly one place" principle.
> If others think it's a good idea, I'm not averse to moving parts of
> the documentation from one wiki to the other, leaving redirect tags at
> the old location: mediawiki has a nice export feature which allows
> doing this while preserving all the history.

Hmmm, interesting.  I'll see how that works next week.

> But the idea that there
> will be multiple copies of the same page with slightly differing
> information on them gives me the willies.

Yes... at least until Mediawiki switches to a git backend just like
my own simple, but fully distributed wiki :)

> But a good start would be starting a "Sugar Documentation Project"
> here on some topic and starting to generate some good unique content.
> A "community news" type weekly feature would also be nice.

I think Mel and Seth might be interested in this?  They did:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Weekly_zine/0

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/