[Its.an.education.project] Sugar runs on the EEE PC!

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:45:54 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

>  The Debian packaging curently follows most recent released tarball at
>  [1] and if none exist then fairly recent Git snapshot from [2].
>
>   [1] http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/sources/
>   [2] git://dev.laptop.org
>
>  If those sources are considered "pre-alpha", then what sources are more
>  proper?
>
>  I wouldn't mind maintaining multiple "tracks" of packages - one
>  as-stable-as-possible and another for bleeding edge.  But it would
>  certainly help (both me and, I imagine, other future distributors) if
>  you could help clarify what fits which category.

The update-1 branch in git, which should exist for the sugar
components and maybe some of the activities, tracks the latest
almost-stable - i.e. build 703. Releases are tagged in git with 0.75.x
version numbers for most of the sugar components. Note that there was
no sugar-toolkit - that was split out for 0.79.x. Before 0.79.x, the
tarballs weren't published at that URL.

The 0.79.x releases and git master are basically unstable. Closer to
the next release later this year there will no doubt be a branch
leading to that release, which would be the rough equivalent of debian
testing.

Hope that helps,
Morgan