[Its.an.education.project] Sugar runs on the EEE PC!

wolfgang at rohrmoser-engineering.de wolfgang at rohrmoser-engineering.de
Thu May 8 19:34:53 CEST 2008

> Success!
>
> I couldn't use Wolfgang's live CD because I had no external CD-ROM
> reader handy.

congratulation,

a few notes how you could use the XO-LiveCD on a USB stick
(or on a SD/MMC card). It works straight forward on the EEE PC,
just in case somebody likes to try it out :

1. copy the CD-ISO content on  USB-Memory:

     mke2fs /dev/sdb2
     mkdir /tmp/usb
     mount /dev/sdb2 /tmp/usb

     mkdir /tmp/iso
     mount -o loop XO-LiveCD_080321.iso /tmp/iso
     cp -a /tmp/iso/* /tmp/usb/

2. install the grub bootloader:

      cp /tmp/usb/boot/grub/boot-usb.lst /tmp/usb/boot/grub/menu.lst
      (fix menu.lst, sorry it is not up to date)
      grub-install --root-directory=/tmp/usb /dev/sdb

3. now boot the EEE PC from USB, by pressing <ESC> on startup

- wolfgang