[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu May 8 18:50:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
>  We could also discuss how updates work....perhaps there are two views
>  in the "get more activities" dialog, one of which only shows available
>  updates to already installed activities.

I like thinking of this as two views.  There is a lot of common code
and UI, but "show me updates to my existing activities" and "show me
brand new activities matching some search criteria" are pretty
different use cases.  In particular, I might suggest that "show me
updates to existing activities" be invoked when a new build is first
booted, and clarifying the difference between "show me brand new
activities" would be important to avoid confusing the user.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )