[Its.an.education.project] Sugar runs on the EEE PC!

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 8 17:12:11 CEST 2008

Success!

I couldn't use Wolfgang's live CD because I had no external CD-ROM
reader handy.

So I followed these instructions to install Lenny:
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Install
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallOnSDcardOrUsbStick

My only spare SD/MMC card was just 1GB... so I could barely install
the OS, then I had to do some surgery to free up enough room to
download and install what was needed for the Sugar packages.

After some more tweaks, I got X to start with a decent Sugar session
to run.  All I did was just a very quick kludge to get something
done in time for tomorrow, nothing I'd want to document, sorry.

The only problem left is that these Sugar packages use the new
pre-alpha UI, which is a bit unfinished at this time. I can't
find older versions around.

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/