[Its.an.education.project] Further training

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu May 8 09:55:23 CEST 2008

At Wed, 7 May 2008 19:47:44 -0400,
C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> i spent some time a while ago porting all the 'intro to basic'
> programs from my old c64 manual to pippy. you can find the result on
> dev.laptop.org/git - look for pippy-examples.  (sorry, i'm on my cell
> phone and can't easily get the exact url).
>
> i talk with juliano at fisl this year about assembling a 'learn
> python' course using pippy for brazil;  i'm hoping we'll get time to
> work on it when he visits this month.

  Thanks.  The 80% doesn't have to learn programming for programming's
sake, but still I dream that they learn it for a way to express ideas
that are suitable to be expressed in some form and used more "daily
basis".

A kids' version of "A multimedia approach"
(http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/mediaComp-plan/uploads/1/Python-mediacomp-book.jpg)
might be useful.

-- Yoshiki

  It seems that I'm going to go there, too.