[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Thu May 8 01:47:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is something I remember coming up a lot back when Red Hat first
> started putting out Rawhide. We would get lots of tickets from people
> who would install it and expect it to a) work and b) be supported.
> This was an item that had to be said over and over again until it
> became a mantra from technical support to the president of the
> company... "If you use Rawhide, don't expect it to work, don't expect
> your system to even work ever again... but thankyou for testing"

Then it is critical to get the developers on board with that message, too.

In other words, when asked how something works, assume the asker is running
the latest release until confirmed otherwise.

Case in point, it bugs me when the wiki documents features of versions which
haven't been released yet, or declares a problem "fixed" because some later,
as yet unreleased version no longer shows the problem.

It ain't fixed if, in order to get the fix, you need to "...don't expect it

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com