[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Wed May 7 20:30:03 CEST 2008

*shipping* refers to what leaves the factory in China.

We do not *ship* anything without activities installed.

If you already have a build and you upgrade, you shouldn't lose your
activities (that would be a bug if you did).

If you do a 'cleaninstall' based on the old methods of cleaninstall, then
you are liable to end up without activities... but you can add them back; so
it shouldn't be the end of the world.

If you do want to do a cleaninstall, you should use the new method that will
add the activities back with a second boot.

Kim