[Its.an.education.project] Sugar on the EEE PC

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed May 7 07:20:52 CEST 2008

The XO has a good reason for existance (MLJ's display, and attention
to low power design).
Ignoring the fact that most of the new "low-cost" laptops require
much more power ---
a serious problem in the most underserved areas --- the price trend
is for the second
generation of the "low cost" laptops to head back to $500.
The Asus 900 has a suggested list of $550 ?

A comparison of the possible XO replacements is provided as an
attachment.
The information comes from:
http://www.liliputing.com/2008/04/over-past-six-months-or-so-asus-
everex_24.html