[Its.an.education.project] Where do you want to go today?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue May 6 13:30:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 04 May 2008 12:01, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Samuel Klein wrote:
> > +1.   Jens Muecke is maintaining the OpenWRT port, I believe.

Actually its (TTBOMK) Jens, John and Felix Fietkau (nbd), all cc:ed.

Last thing I heard about their activities related to this list, was that they
built a OpenWRT image for Asus APs with the broadcom chip using
open80211s.org, to turn the APs into mesh-nodes. Once that is working I
expect a similar image for Linksys WRT54G, which have the same wireless
chips.

> Can you invite him here?

see below for a subscribe link.

On Friday 02 May 2008 18:40, Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at wrote:
> Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> schrieb am 02.05.2008 17:52:00:
> > Walter Bender wrote:
> > > I don't think we can pick up the entire load of supporting the OLPC
> > > platform. OLPC has to do that. But I think we can maintain a great
> > > working relationship with the core Tech Team.
> >
> > Agreed, but maybe we should ship a full OS image nevertheless,
> > at least for emulators such as QEMU.
> >
> > Otherwise, how do we distribute Sugar for public evaluation?
> > RPMs and debs for the various distros?   It's a possibility, but
> > it seems a little weak as a demo...
> >
> > We could endorse groups or individuals who want to provide Sugar
> > "distributions", such as Wolfgang Rohrmoser, Kurt Gramlich with the
> > LiveCD, and Aaron Kaplan with the Classmate port.  OpenWRT also seems
> > to be doing progress on OLPC support.  Red Hat may also be interested
> > to resume work on it.
>
> Please don't forget about Jani Monoses
> (https://launchpad.net/~jani/+archive) who personally did put Sugar into
> Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Sugar is in the Hardy Universe repository which is
> enabled by default. So every Hardy user can install Sugar by doing a
> simple "apt-get install sugar".

Jens, John, Felix, you can subscribe here: