[Its.an.education.project] Cleaning up the activities page

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 6 14:56:34 CEST 2008

Bryan Berry wrote:

> We need a real CMS and the wiki doesn't cut it.

Which one would you propose, and what advantages do you see over
MediaWiki with some editing discipline and rich styling?

My old company has been using Joomla for their public-facing site
for 1 year, so they have some experience with that one.  I quite
like Drupal myself.

> People new to wikis often find them confusing and and frankly hard to
> navigate, definitely not intuitive. Let's not bend the people to fit the
> tool.

In my mind, this is the result of missing full time maintainers
with a clear web design in mind.  A CMS by itself would not solve
the issue; It could even make it worse.

For example, look at OLPC's institutional web site: the People page
lists people that walked away, people I have never seen and other
inaccuracies.  Journalists look at this shiny thing for a moment,
then come back asking if perhaps we also have a web site with real
content :-)

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/