[Its.an.education.project] Cleaning up the activities page

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 6 12:39:40 CEST 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  - My activities are listed on a page with dozens of broken, half
>>  finished or "idea" projects.  There is nothing to indicate that I
>>  actually finished mine.
>
> Yeah. We need a way to distinguish between ideas/half finished
> activities and mature ones. One way to do it might be to "bless"
>  a set of activities and include them in the release process and
> schedule. That would also means they get more attention and testing by
> the QA community (which we should form).

Wade, would you like to test all activities and move all those that
do not seem sufficiently finished to a separate page Experimental_Activities?

Then we'd link the experimental page from the main page, and add a note
that an activity can be promoted in the Activities page only after they
have been blessed by an independent Sugar developer.

As you are there, it seems like a good idea to split the page by category
as it takes already too much to load on an XO.

If you like this plan, please be bold and do it!
(in the spirit of the Wikipedia).

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/