[Its.an.education.project] An "About" statement?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 6 12:39:22 CEST 2008

On 06.05.2008, at 10:45, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> I don't want you to have to penetrate bureaucracy. But at the moment,
> somebody needs to take up some of these issues, and the rest of us
> need to get behind whoever that is. Kim Quirk says she wants to fix
> these problems, and I know that many people have been trying to get
> working processes under quite difficult circumstances.

Well, it sometimes even feels as if the bureaucracy is artificially
held up. By now I do know many people in and around OLPC personally,
and I can't think of anybody actively sabotaging the educational
goals, but I still get the feeling sometimes. Like with the new
"olpc3" build, which includes just the Chat, Journal, Paint, Read,
Record, Web, and Write activities. I'm so tired of fighting for the
educational activities (TamTam, Etoys, TurtleArt, etc.) to be included
by default.

- Bert -