[Its.an.education.project] An "About" statement?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue May 6 09:14:10 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >  I have been working in my spare time as a third party activity
>  >  developer since the Boston Game Jam last June.  I am responsible for
>  >  the Colors! and Bounce (formerly 3dpong) activities, and am mentoring
>  >  the GSoC Typing Tutor application independently this summer.
>
>  Thank you. At certain conferences that will get you all the coffee you
>  can drink, and an occasional slice of pizza. %-]

Hi Edward, thanks for your suggestions.

I was responding to a discussion about what could be done to encourage
third party activity development.  This list was my opinion about what
could be done, I did not mean for it to sound like complaining to you.

One of the goals of any organization which collaborates with the open
source community is to maximize the ability of the community to
contribute.  Community members will naturally be at a disadvantage
versus organization members, but there may be many more more of them,
so effort spent helping them can have a multiplicative effect.  On the
other hand, requiring community programmers to penetrate bureaucracy
is an inefficient use of resources.

I think that one real thing the OLPC organization could do to improve
community participation is to find more helpful people like SJ, who do
what they can to make programmers like me as effective as possible.

Cheers,
Wade