[Its.an.education.project] Making Sugar independent of OLPC

Kevin Cole kevin.cole at gallaudet.edu
Fri May 2 17:12:07 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:02 AM, aaron <aaron at lo-res.org> wrote:
> Walter Bender wrote:
>  > I don't know that we have the answers to any of your questions
>  > yet--suggested answers most welcome--except in regard to working with
>  > OLPC. It is our intention to work closely with OLPC and anyone else
>  > interested in Sugar.
>  >
>  > -walter
>  >

>  IHMO Walter already coined a very good name:
>  "learning learning foundation"
>
>  For the geeks in us: "(learning)^2 foundation"

Been there, done that.  Gallaudet got a rather sweet grant from the
National Science Foundation (NSF) to set up the Visual Language,
Visual Learning Center, more commonly known as VL^2 -- though people
usually just say or sign "V-L-two" rather than what the logo implies.
Not quite "learning learning" though.  So I guess it should really be
V^2*L1*L2. ;-)

http://vl2.gallaudet.edu/