[Its.an.education.project] Making Sugar independent of OLPC

Joel Stanley joel.stanley at adelaide.edu.au
Fri May 2 14:34:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>  Walter Bender along with several OLPC contributors and myself,
>  are working together on creating a foundation to facilitate a
>  decentralized, community-driven, spin-off of Sugar.
>
>  We have a mailing-list where we are discussing the specifics.
>  You are invited to subscribe if you want all the details;

Hello Bernie,

Is there any information you're able to share on the foundation?  I
would be interested in hearing some details, or even just an overview.

What relationship will the foundation have with OLPC?  Will the XO
remain the primary platform?  If not, what platform(s) will Sugar
target?

Where will it be based?  Will you be hiring?

And most importantly, what will it be called? :)

Cheers,

Joel