[IAEP] evaluation report about the nyc pilot

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Jun 26 16:10:08 CEST 2008

On 25 Jun 2008, at 17:33, David Farning wrote:

>> BTW: I do have intentions to use the SOM code for multi-document
>> mapping. Goal would be to give a single page, automated overview of
>> all major wiki content, and some navigation to quickly get there.
>> Plan
>> would be to treat each wiki page as a document and map it onto a
>> space
>> for all wiki pages, a visual content map with click-able links. I'm
>> still pondering the features best to train the map on, the obvious
>> one
>> for me is the word association metrics I'm already using, but it
>> could
>> be useful to use in/out links as the features instead. Features would
>> then be a large sparse matrix of links between pages**, should be
>> quite doable for a single wiki.
>
> Would you be interested in moving your work to the community
> hierarchy?
> I don't know an exact sub hierarchy to put it under.  Maybe research?
> Because it is looking at how the community communicates.

Hmmm. As it's a pet project I happen to be coaxing along, I've only
been putting detail about it on my wiki user page. Perhaps now it's
been in use for a couple of months with the IAEP list content I should
move it out into the community hierarchy. Thanks for the hint. I'll
take a look and see where it could go. Ideally, with its current use,
it should be near IAEP list access/information.

--Gary