[IAEP] booting XO-Live CD from usb key

Joel Stanley joel.stanley at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 14:05:39 CEST 2008

Hello Bill,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Bill Kerr <billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I asked a techie friend and apparently there is more involved than just
> putting the iso on the key and resetting CMOS

The XO Live CD documentation tells you how use the ISO to create a
bootable USB key.

"""
Boot from USB Memory-Stick or SD/MMC card

Speed and comfort can be increased by using externel USB memory
devices to start the XO-LiveCD. On a Linux Computer you insert an
empty and preformated USB device. Then you open a console window and
change into the directory to tools/. Next you execute:
./make_usbstick.sh -h
which gives further instructions how to use this command and make your
USB device bootable.
"""

This information comes from page 4 of the PDF found at
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/livebackupcd/build-708+joyride-2024/

Hope this helps,

Joel