[IAEP] api.sugarlabs.org Alpha .03 is up

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:52:19 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:23 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:42 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am pretty sure that you mean splitting up the code into two division
> > such as gnome does with gdk and gtk.  I haven't looked at code very much
> > so I do not understand which goes where;(
>
> Nope, gtk and gdk are both public API, in the sense that they are used
> to develop applications.
>
> >  Which modules would you
> > recommend go where?  Or is there both internal and external stuff in
> > each module?
>
> Fructose should definitely be separated. About Glucose:
>
> sugar
>
> Doesn't expose any public API, it's an application basically. So I
> think it should be separated.
>
> sugar-base
>
> Expose public API.
>
> datastore
>
> Expose public DBus service. I'm not sure what's the best way to
> generate API docs for DBus services.
>
> sugar-presence-server (s/server/service)
>
> Same as datastore.
>
> sugar-toolkit
>
> Expose public API.
>
> sugar-artwork
>
> No API at all.
>
> etoys
>
> Not sure, Bert will know.
>
> journal-activity
>
> No public API since it's an activity.
>

> So maybe we put activities + sugar on a separate secondary page?
>
> As Tomeu said it would be great if you could make the sugar meeting.
>
> Marco

Ok, I think I understand a little better now.

It is relatively straightforward to _exclude_ documenting
sub-directories from individual modules.  So we can cherry pick which
modules/sub directories to show.

I won't be able to attend today's meeting because of prior commitments.

Today, I will go through a.s.o and fix up links and graphics.

Tomorrow, I will start stubbing out the comment fields in the source
code so we can get a better idea what things will look like

Saturday.  I will take another pass at the organization based on the
meeting logs.

thanks
Dfarning